Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2011 AACCOM Chinese New Year Party (2-5-2011)

We have been performed for AACCOM Chinese New Year Party since 2008. This year we were very glad to invite Pipa Master, Kevin Liu, playing with us. Mr. Liu showed us very impressive Pipa sole, Dragon Boat! The performance was on Saturday, Feb. 5, 2011, 2:00 pm at Clague Middle School.


Programs:

1. Lohan Teasing Lion (羅漢戲獅)


2. Jiang Bo Wu Ying (江波舞影)


3. Dragon Boat (龍船) - Pipa Sole by Kevin Liu


Performers :

Dizi (Chinese transverse flute, 笛子)
Xia Xi, Kerby Shedden, Kevin Cheng
Erhu (Chinese fiddle, 胡琴)
Yueyang Zhong, Gwo-Ching Shyu, Danming Tang, Mou-Chi Cheng, I-Ning Hu
GuZheng (Chinese Zither, 箏)
Yizhou Zhou
Liuqin (Soprano chinese lute, 柳琴)
Chien Sze
Ruan (Chinese guitar, 阮)
Jin-Gwo Lin, Shelly Chang
Pipa (Chinese lute, 琵琶)
Shu-Lan Hung
Percussion
Yen-Ling von Meister

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good morning! I just find your website which shows that there have 'Pipa' player. We living in Troy MI, My daughter had leaned Pipa for almost 6 years and we want to find a teacher for her to keep learn it. So, could I have the phone number or other information can contact with the Pipa teacher? My phone number is 908 8830020, email: drxinli@yahoo.com.


    Thanks!


    Xin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I was wondering when your next practice or performance is. I was a percussionist for chinese orchestra and am thinking of joining the ensemble. Please contact me at arolni@umich.edu
    Thanks!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete